Each year, the Laker FFA conducts a Living to Service phone-a-thon, during which FFA members call people in the Laker community to ask for donations for local organizations, such as food pantries. The chapter raises more than $10,000 each year, and every dime supports the surrounding communities.
The Laker FFA chapter participates in a wide variety of contests each year, such as the broiler contest, soil judging, leadership contests, skills contests and more. The multitude of awards and plaques inside and outside of the FFA/ag room shows how successful our chapter is. Our chapter members win awards at all levels of competition. Many of our members go on to state-level leadership positions.
- 20+ State Leadership Award Winners and Runner-Ups
- 5 National Leadership Award Winners
- 25+ State and National Proficiency Award Winners
- 100+ State Ag. Skills Award Winners and Runner-Ups
- 20+ National Ag. Skills Award Winners
- 700+ State Degrees- including 25 Gold and 15 Silver Awards
- 35+ American FFA Degrees
- 25+ State Officers
- 15+ Region III Vice Presidents
- 30+ Gold, Silver & Bronze State Chapter Awards
- 8 National Chapter Awards