- We have a caring, dedicated staff of teachers and support staff who work every day to help children succeed not only as students but as responsible citizens.
- Students are treated as individuals, and they’re encouraged to develop their skills and talents every day.
- Lakers has top-notch facilities with state-of-the-art technology and security. One such example is the Laker Legacy Center, a multi-sport facility that offers a wide range of uses, athletic and non-athletic. Check out the Legacy Center page on this website.
- Excellent staff and programs encourage and support positive behavior.
- Multiple early intervention programs assist struggling students in many areas.
- Laker Elementary has more paraprofessional support than many other local schools..
- The Innovation Center at Laker Secondary School provides a wide variety of STEM opportunities through hands-on experiences with CNC machines, robotics, coding, woodworking, etc. Check out the Innovation Center page on this website for pics and info!
- Strong policies and aggressive action against bullying are in place.
- Students enjoy many hands-on, team-based classroom activities.
- Many community projects are led by our students and staff.
- We offer a wide variety of extracurricular activities (more than 50) from elementary through high school.
- Lakers is the only school in the state to offer the SAIL Academy, which offers a variety of options for high school students 16 and up (Laker students, homeschool students, students from other districts). Just some of those options include credit recovery/online coursework, work-based learning, apprenticeships, workshops and more. Some of these can be combined with a student’s regular school classes at their home school. Click HERE to visit the SAIL Academy website.
Amy Smithers, Laker Elementary art teacher
“Here at Lakers, we approach our school system like a family. From teachers to parapros to custodians to cafeteria workers to bus drivers, everybody works hard to put kids at the center of everything we do. It takes everybody to provide a great education for our students. I really value everyone who works here and how we help one another to make sure every child gets what they need. One of the things that makes Lakers unique is we provide students with multiple hands-on experiences that (not all schools) have. We have a lot of extra things going on that engage and motivate children. They have experiences that are unforgettable, and I think that makes Lakers unique.”
Steve McIntosh, Laker Middle School teacher
Michelle Reibling, Laker Elementary teacher
“Lakers has very supportive people around each of our students. Everyone works hard to make learning fun. Everything done is for the students. And we don’t just teach academics – we teach to the whole child. We focus on character education, nutrition, physical activity, art and creativity, (and more). Our school climate is a special thing. Everyone works hard to make Lakers great. “
Scott Copeland, Laker Elementary special education teacher
Julie Stoyka, Laker Middle/High School teacher (retired in 2022)
“I respect that the administration always has the future in mind. (Lakers is a district) that’s always movin’ and shakin’. The fact that we are the number one School of Choice school (in the area) says something about us. I’ve heard students say, ‘We are family,’ and I don’t think they’re just words. I think students really feel that way.”